Treating the cause of your pain, not just your symptoms.
An important Covid-19 update
Here at Macquarie Physiotherapy and Exercise Centre the health and wellbeing of our clients and staff has always been our priority. As a result, we would like to reassure you we are continually monitoring and gaining updates from multiple professional sources. Due to the recent increase of COVID-19 cases please be aware of the following:
We are continuing to operate as normal, strictly adhering to all government mandates. This means masks will be required for all staff, patients and visitors. We will have some available in the clinic but if you can please come prepared with your own it would be greatly appreciated.
We ask that anyone that has been in Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, the Blue Mountains, Wollongong or Shellharbour since the 21/06/2021 reschedule their appointment for when they are out of their lockdown period. Although we are deemed an essential service we are acting on the side of caution due to the uncertain nature of the COVID-19 situation at this time.
If you would like to talk to someone for more information on the coronavirus, you can contact:
- Coronavirus Health Information Line, Department of Health on 1800 020 080 (operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- The Public Health Information Line on 1800 004 599
- Our staff are maintaining the high hygiene standards such as regular hand sanitizing and disinfection of hard surfaces as outlined by NSW Health
- Our reception staff are screening people for high risk factors, so please do not be offended by extra questions you may be asked when booking appointments. We do ask that if you have any flu like symptoms or feel unwell that you cancel your appointment (no cancellation fees will apply).
- If you have close contact with anyone returning from overseas, we ask that you please contact us via phone to discuss if alternative treatment options such as video or telephone consults are required.
- Our staff have been asked not to come in if they feel unwell, particularly with flu like symptoms.
We are committed to supporting public health authorities with any identified cases or concerns of potential transmission in the community and believe that transparency is key to everyone’s safety so rest assured that if we have confirmed cases in our premises we will be alerting public health authorities and taking responsible steps for the good of the wider community.
At this stage though we are still open and look forward to continuing our excellent services with you and our community.
For everybody, staying fit and healthy will be one of the best defences against this virus so apart from letting us continue to help you – eat well, rest well and get some regular exercise.
The team at Macquarie Physiotherapy and Exercise Centre
Servicing Newcastle and Lake Macquarie
We have three physiotherapy practices conveniently located across Newcastle and Lake Macquarie in Belmont, Glendale and Gateshead.
Your care is our priority
Our physiotherapists will create a personalised treatment plan to address the underlying cause of your pain or injury, not just the outward symptoms. We offer a broad range of treatments to help you move well and stay active.
Do you have pain right now?
Whether you have an injury, you’ve just had surgery or you’re suffering from niggling or chronic pain, our physios can help.
Relieve pain, increase mobility and improve your quality of life.
Experienced physiotherapists and exercise physiologists will assess you and tailor a treatment plans to suit your unique needs.
Macquarie Exercise Centre
The Exercise Centre has the equipment and the qualified, experienced staff you need to help you to get the best out of every workout.
Macquarie Exercise Centre
The Exercise Centre is equipped with the equipment and the qualified, experienced staff you need to guide, supervise and encourage you to get the best out of every workout.
Do you need a Physiotherapist?
If your body isn’t performing well at the bio-mechanical level, you’ll run into problems and develop imbalances that can lead to pain or injury. Doctors often recommend physiotherapy after surgical procedures to speed up the recovery process.
Your physio will look at the factors that contribute to joint and muscle pain. Next, we’ll recommend a treatment plan to address the underlying cause of the issue. This holistic treatment approach reduces the likelihood of the issue recurring and getting worse.